My most beautiful and dearly loved Grandma – Ethel Carswell – died the other day – June 16, 2011, and her funeral was held yesterday (June 26, 2011). Many of the family travelled to turn up to her funeral, despite the issues with the ash cloud and the numerous Christchurch earthquakes. Ethel was a very special person and we will all miss her very much.
For those members of the family who want them here are links to various items related to the funeral service.
The photos that were displayed before the service can be seen here.
Music from the service:
- “Love Theme from Rome and Juliet” – played at the beginning of the service (YouTube)
- “Bridge Over Troubled Water” by Simon and Garfunkel (YouTube iTunes)
- “Fields of Gold” this was the Eva Cassidy version performed by my future sister-in-law Robine (Bea) Prigg (YouTube iTunes)
- “Love and Some Verses” by Iron & Wine (Youtube iTunes)
- “We’ll Meet Again” performed by Vera Lynn (Youtube iTunes)
- The album Waltz for Debby by Bill Evans was played before and after the service. (iTunes)
Anne Conroy was the celebrant and she did a lovely job.
The funeral was very tastefully and sympathetically organised by Larry Greco from Lychgate Funeral Home.